- About 20 or so years ago, a good friend of mine used to call me to come over and watch Jimmy Swaggart on the tube. We'd have the beer iced down and ready to rumble-with the t.v. that is. First of all, we both despised Jim and Tammy Faye Baker already. Butt ass ugly folks too! This made it all the easier to start watching Swaggart by putting him in their shoes and tagging him a phony from the get go. Well, we'd sit down and put the bricks in a neat stack next to the couch. Yeah, that's right--bricks. They were foam rubber and a great form of anger management provided they were strategically launched at Swaggart's fat head.
- Swaggart was born a leech. Nobody could grow into one like he is. Not from a normal kid anyway. You could, however, be born one and improve greatly on their characteristics. He really suckered a helluva lot of people with his begging. People actually bought (literally) into his schemes. How the hell is that possible when me and my buddy of all people could see right through his bullshit?
- Ole Swaggart did not and still does not preach like Billy Graham. You know, the more ecumenical style. Jimmy boy takes alot after Oral Roberts I guess. He certainly took a page or two from Roberts' playbook when he built his Family Worship Center in Baton Rouge. It seated about 7500 hand waving, sweaty, foot stomping worshipers. Can I get a witness? Amen!
- I first realized that I hated Swaggart for his phony crying and forced fits of sweating, and I hated him for his hair...hate that shit! Still hate the hair. Then came the built in infomercials that were cloaked to look like a pitch for Jesus. "I love Jesus. You love Jesus. Jesus needs money, now! Send what 'cha got." For your hard earned bucks you get a prayer. People fell for this crap hook, line and sinker. Hallelujah! Can I get a witness?
- In Feb. '88 the ole blood sucking leech went the way of his nemesis Jimmy Bakker. The Hollywood hooker trick. Yeah, some little hooker hooked his dumbass and he got busted. Oh brother, the ultra hypocrisy of it all. And damned people were so sorry for him that they were crying in the aisles of his holy stomping ground in Baton Rouge. WTF was that about for Christs' sake? Hell, should have just sent him some money. God, he really brainwashed a ton of poor dumb bastards. I hate him for that reason too. Hallelujah!
- I hate him for his rant and rave on his show asking for forgiveness from his family, the people and Jesus. Come on now...I need an amen! How f**ked up was that? This guy doesn't get it I suppose. Hell, I'm not sure that I do either. He doesn't confuse me. It's all of those people that believe this fool that confuse me.
- I happened to notice Swaggart and his son, Donnie, doing another show recently. Oh shit-seriously! He's still asking for money, of course. Come on people! I was doing a little channel surfing and caught some of it. God, I became angry again just at the sight of him. He still has the Breck set with the hair. His dufus looking son and his hair are begging with him now. But you know something? I don't hate him now. Why? Because I hate the fact that I don't have those friggin' bricks to throw at him anymore! That's what I hate. Can I get a witness?-Just a rant and my opinion-Don.
5 days ago